Zentralinstitut for diabetes "Gerhardt Katsch" in Karl castle with grab forest existed including his direct institutions for predecessor from 1947 to 1990 and was the central guidance mechanism in the GDR for the treatment of Diabetikern as well as the experimental and clinical research to diabetes mellitus. Institut was subordinate directly to the Ministry for health service of the GDR.
It was designated after the Diabetologen Gerhardt Katsch, which was active at the university grab forest as internalist and which had created and until 1961 had led Institut. The activities of the institute within the range of the clinical supply of Diabetikern as well as the diabetes research are partly continued since 1990 by different, further in Karl castle resident follow-on equipments.
The origins of the institute went back on the 1930 into Garz on the island from Gerhardt Katsch created Diabetikerheim. After the end of the Second World War the location was shifted after Karl castle and to 2. May 1947 taken up in the Karlsburger lock with 15 beds and a small laboratory the enterprise again. The country Mecklenburg left for this purpose the property of a again created national donation Diabetikerheim and Karl castle - to institute for the study and treatment of the sugar illness. The line locally held first Dr. Gerhard Mohnike.
At the financing of the reconstruction and further development Mecklenburg were also the Soviet military administration in Germany (SMAD) beside the country, which takes part institute for social security Mecklenburg and the University of grab forest. Three years later on 12 October 1950 first with priority the mechanism aligned to the clinical and socialmedical support of Diabetikern was converted into the institute of the public right Diabetikerheim Garz and Karl castle - institute to the study and treatment of the sugar illness. With it officially the history of the institute began as central mechanism in the health service of the GDR. On 2 August 1952 it came to the delivery of the again built house A as well as the converted and extended earlier forestry house than house B, which was equipped with laboratories for the research, work and dwellings as well as archives and the library premises both particularly. Beyond that on this occasion renaming took place in Institut for diabetes research and treatment. With the completion of the bed house with 250 beds in the year 1954 the establishment of the institute was final in substantial parts. In the lock was among other things the 1952 furnished relieving station.
Gerhardt Katsch remained up to its death to 7. March 1961 director of the institute. After the death of his founder Institut in Institut for diabetes "Gerhardt Katsch" was renamed, the line took over Professor Dr. Gerhard Mohnike. In particular on it the close connection of experimental and clinical research with the treatment and support of diabetischer patients is to be led back, who were characteristic for the concept of the institute. After early death Mohnickes to 8. March 1966 in the age of only 48 years as well as the temporary line by Dr. Hans-Georg Lippmann as kommissarischem director became 1967 Professor Dr. med. having IL refuge Bibergeil director of the mechanism and remained it until 1990. Into its time a reinforcement of the international adjustment and co-operation of the institute, with foreign stays of institute members also in the USA, fall in Sweden or in England.
In the course of the existence of the institute it came several times to extensions by new buildings. Thus lock an extensive Campus developed around the Karlsburger, in whose different subranges 1989/1990 approximately 630 coworkers, of it about 100 physicians, scientist and engineers, were busy. As branch office of the institute for the long-term and/or durable accommodation of diabetischer children starting from November 1955 first in Sellin, starting from 1958 in PUT bus on the island a boarding school existed to At both locations also a so-called central rehablitation holiday camp with appropriate support was accomplished. Beyond that ten further holiday camps for childlike Diabetiker existed in the GDR. 1960 were finished laundry and the premises for the administration in Karl castle farm buildings with kitchen, Speisesaal, which was replaced 1988 by a further, also after 1990 further-used, new building.
Starting from 1956 Institut was prominently in the development of the oral Antidiabetika and involved in the clearing-up by their effect mechanisms. 1968 were furnished in Karl castle those European-wide first hemodialysis station for diabetes patients with kidney insufficiency. From 1959 to 1989 the guidance of the national diabetes register of the GDR via Institut, which was world-wide unique as central register with surface covering collection of the clinical data of all Diabetiker of a country, took place.
Starting from 1970 it came to a clear expansion of the activities in the range of the basic research to diabetes mellitus. One year later was furnished a department for clinical research with 19 beds. 1972 took place the appointment of the institute as the central mechanism in the GDR for the treatment from Diabetikern and the research to diabetes mellitus. It carried the name Zentralinstitut for diabetes "Gerhardt Katsch" starting from this time . The branch office of the institute remained in Garz was shifted starting from 1976 as hospital II after Karl castle. One year later was furnished the hospital III for and birth assistance, after the relieving station had moved 1967 first from the lock into 1954 the built bed house. The hospital was at this time the largest special equipment of this kind in Europe. 1978 took place the delivery of a new building for the hospital II.
From 1976 on Institut was coordinating mechanism for endokrine illnesses in the entire range of the states of the RGW. Starting from 1986 Institut was WHO Collaborating center beyond that for diabetes of the World Health Organization (WHO).
1989/1990 existed beside the three hospitals
at Institut the following departments within the field of the research:
To 1989/1990 approximately 40,000 patients came to the treatment after Karl castle, of it 1988 and 1989 jeweis approximately 3,800 to 4,000, with altogether about 200,000 stays. In the hospital for and birth assistance from 1952 to 1989 about 3,750 children were born. Coworkers of the institute about 2,550 scientific publications published and held more than 3,000 lectures on scientific congresses. About 100 physicians and scientist attained a doctorate or habilitierten themselves in the context of their activity in Institut.
We found here 1 articles.
|Zentralinstitut for diabetes|