Page modified: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 00:01:41
The penintentiary Brandenburg is in the quarter of the city Brandenburg to the Havel. In the years 1927 to 1935 as the safest and most modern institute for detention of Europe was established and was appropriate for approximately 1,800 prisoners.
In the time of the national socialism from 1933 to 1945 occasionally up to 4.300 humans were arrested there. Altogether 1,722 persons, who had been condemned for political reasons, were executed in Brandenburg starting from August 1940. 652 further prisoners died by diseases such as TBC, seven prisoners forestalled the murderers with their free death.
About 10,000 handicapped or ill humans were murdered in the context of the euthanasia program action T4 in the old person penintentiary until October 1940 with gas (see institute for LV killing Brandenburg).
The Red Army occupied the penintentiary on 27 April 1945. After end of war the Soviet army arrested member of the Wlassow army here to 1947 Kollaborateure, mainly.
The GDR used the penal establishment until 1989 also for political prisoners.
Since 1975 there is also intending area in the penintentiary Brandenburg.
- Ernst Albert Altenkirch, -
- Bruno tree, 1937-1945
- Hermann Brill, 1939-1943
- Otto book joke, 1879-1964
- Ernst Busch (actor), -1945
- Robert Havemann, 1943-1945
- Walter Hochmuth, - 1945
- Walter hammer, 1942-1945
- Erich Honecker, 1937-1945
- To William sound, 1937-1945
- Fritz is enough, for 1943-1945
- Alfred Lemmnitz, 1941-1945
- Bruno max of Leuschner
- Hans suffered, 1934
- Alfred Neumann, 1942-1945
- Herbert Sandberg, 1934
- Alexander Schwab, starting from 1937
- Kurt Seibt, 1941-1945
- Wolfgang Welsch (escape aid)
In the penintentiary executed or deceased
- Friedrich Aue, communist and on 27 November 1944 executed
- Bernhard Kommunist and on 18 September 1944 executed
- Bruno Binnebesel, Roman-catholic priest and on 13 November 1944 executed
- Hermann Danz, communist and on 5 February 1945 executed
- Friedrich pious, to 12. March 1945 executed
- George Groscurth, founder of the group of resistances European union, to 8. May 1944 executed
- Franz conscientious objector, on 9 August 1943 executed
- Erich Knauf, writer, to 2. May 1944 executed
- Max Josef butcher, - catholic priest, starting from 1943, on 17 April 1944 executed
- Theodor new farmer, communist and resistance fighter, on 5 February 1945 executed
- Franz Reinisch, - catholic priest, on 21 August 1942 executed
- Friedrich communist and resistance fighter, on 5 February 1945 executed
- Anton Saefkow, communist, on 18 September 1944 executed
- Johann Schellheimer, communist and resistance fighter, on 5 February 1945 executed
- Werner soul binder, German sportsman and communist, on 24 October 1944 executed
- Martin swan width units, communist and resistance fighter, on 5 February 1945 executed
- Bernhard Schwentner, Roman-catholic priest, on 30 October 1944 executed
- Otto Schmirgal, communist and on 15 December 1944 executed
- Max they verse, free philosopher, on 17 January 1944 executed
- Franz Virnich, lawyer and catholic connecting student (CV), on 5 April 1943 due to "creeping execution" deceased
- Johannes deserts, writers and communist, starting from 1942, on 26 April 1943 deceased
Articles in category "Penintentiary Brandenburg"
We found here 4 articles.