The Niederrheini supply and traffic, briefly NVV AG, is a supplying and a transport enterprise of the city Moenchengladbach. It is a member enterprise of the VRR. The field of application of the NVV AG is divided into the following ranges:
The NVV AG developed for public utilities Moenchengladbach GmbH in December 1998 from the NLK (Niederrheini light and power stations AG, 100% ige daughter of the RWE energy AG) and.
50% of the NVV shares hold today the RWE AG, 34.17% the development company of the city Moenchengladbach ltd. (EWMG) and the remaining 15.83% the city Moenchengladbach.
The NVV AG takes over the supply of river, water and natural gas. Marketing area for river extends over a surface of approximately 350 km It covers the cities Grevenbroich, Korschenbroich and Moenchengladbach, as well as the municipality In this area about 360,000 humans live. The marketing area for gas does not cover the city Grevenbroich and thus only 283 km with about 315,000 inhabitants. The water supply has from the three ranges the smallest marketing area, it only the two cities Moenchengladbach and Korschenbroich at 225 km surface and scarcely 300,000 inhabitants is supplied.
The NVV AG takes over the disposal of the Stadtgebites of Moenchengladbach with 266.000 inhabitants and approximately 170 km surface.
The NVV AG is a local telecommunications offerer (Festnetztelefonie and Internet) in Moenchengladbach, Erkelenz, Viersen and Korschenbroich.
Efforts of the two cities Moenchengladbach, at that time still Munich Gladbach and Rheydt to create a connection between them decrease/go back to the year 1876. In this year the advice of both cities decided the building of a horse course. One rejected an originally angedachte steaming race course after numerous inspections of existing courses. On 10 February 1881 that received Berlin banker Ludwig Luebke from the city Munich Gladbach a concession for the building of a connection. The city Rheydt agreed these likewise. On 17 June the construction work began in Moenchengladbach and on 8 July in Rheydt. The first travels were accomplished starting from 28 July. Official start was then 10 August. Planned the opening however already was for 2 August. Since the two cities could not agree on a tariff, only the district government between both had to negotiate and find a compromise. The distance was altogether 5.2 kilometers long, began in Rheydt at the crossing Odenkirchener road/limit road and led by the Odenkirchener road, Marienplatz, the Friedrich Ebert road, the Rheydter road, the-sourly the road, the Viktoriastrasse, the citizen of Berlin place, the road, the Bismarck place, the Bismarck route, the Hindenburgstrasse, the old person market and the sand wheel road up to the Aachener road in Moenchengladbach.
The distance was driven on with altogether 14 cars and 50 horses, which were in a depot in the today's Rheydter road 317. At working-days between 7:20 clock to 20:00 clock was driven and on weekends to 22:00 clock. The tariff was with 10, 15 and 20 Pfennig. In order to make this clock possible on the single-railed distance in rule trace, there were numerous alternate places. At crossings the speed was limited to 5 km/h, on which remaining distance were 12 km/h permitted.
Until 1882 Ludwig Luebke operated the course at own expense, then it sold it at the German local and streetcar company from Dortmund. The two places refused however, the concession to the society too transferred and thus remained to Ludwig Luebke as partners. When this deceased on 10 February 1883, he left this concession to his wife and children, over whom now the connection between the society and the cities ran. By 2 July 1894 the concession went at the general local and streetcar company, how the German local and streetcar company were called now. With the concession also the renewal of the route network and the electrification were connected by 1 October 1898.
In the year 1897 however the two cities acquired the course. Moenchengladbach paid 228,000 Goldmark and Rheydt 116.000. The two cities operated the course up to their complete electrification together and divided the costs and incomes in the relationship 2:1. The executive committee of the course was however evenly occupied. It covered both mayors and in each case five town councillors.
For electrification of the horse course the two cities closed on 7 February 1899 with the two companies max Schorch & Cie. from Moenchengladbach and Siemens & Halske contracts off, whatever contained the mechanism of two power stations. The construction work for the power stations began to 16. March 1899 and were on 10 November 1899 in Rheydt and at the 1. May 1900 in Moenchengladbach finally.
At the same time one planned to extend the net and wrote the following distances out:
|City||Distance||Length in km|
|Moenchengladbach||Old market - Hardt||6,76|
|Hardt - Waldniel||5,50|
|- station route - Krefelder road||2,60|
|Old market - Viersener road||0,30|
|Market - regent road - Eicken - Hoven - monastery new work||5,10|
|Rheydt||Marienplatz - station Rheydt|
|Marienplatz - - Odenkirchen|
|Morr - Marienplatz - Geneicken - Giesenkirchen|
To negotiations with the company Siemens one came to the conviction that the angedachten distances were to be operated not profitably. Since one a mixing process with electrical streetcars on and steam or accumulator-claimant courses on the other side not for meaningfully judged, one decided for a reduction of planning. The distances between the two places remained remaining beginning in Hardt over forest living, age market, barrier route, regent road, station route, road, Rheydter road, Rheydt, after Odenkirchen and the distance of the Viersener road over the market, the Krefelder road after Eicken in Moenchengladbach and the distance by Geneicken over the Stresemannstrasse after Morr in Rheydt.
On 13 June 1899 the company Siemens began with the work for the extension of the net. Parallel to it one began to convert the up to then regelspurige horse traction network on meter pure, which brought substantial disadvantages for the customers with itself. By the Umspurung one expected a further improvement economy. The 1900 following distances were opened:
|Opening date||Place||Distance||Route distance|
|1. May||Moenchengladbach||Krefelder road - Eickener road||0.77 km|
|3. June||Moenchengladbach||Old market - Aachener road - bridging route||1.59 km|
|3. June||Moenchengladbach||Dahlener road - Barbarossastrasse||0.19 km|
|3. June||Rheydt||- Odenkirchen||2.70 km|
|17. June||Rheydt/Moenchengladbach||Odenkirchen - Moenchengladbach main station|
|7. July||Rheydt||Dahlener road - Stresemannstrasse - station Geneicken||2.60 km|
|1. August||Rheydt||Friedrich William road - station route - station Rheydt||0.28 km|
|18. August||Rheydt||Station Geneicken - Damaschkestrasse||2.60 km|
|6. November||Rheydt||Forest-live - Hardt|
On 1 October 1901 the common enterprise was then quit by the city Moenchengladbach and the two municipalities of enterprises the courses in self-direction, which are on their area. The following, colored marked lines were furnished to 30 September 1901 and operated together:
|Moenchengladbach station - Rheydt - Odenkirchen|
|Moenchengladbach station - Rheydt|
|Power station - Krefelder road - market - Barbarossaplatz|
|Eickener road - Schwogenstrasse - Krefelder road - market - forest living|
We found here 6 articles.
|Nadler fine food|
» NE-WS 89.4
» Nestlurina PetCare
» Niederrhein waves
» Niederrheini supply and traffic
» Nitrox&Rebreather company