The management economics (BWL; in Switzerland operating economics) is often a subsection of the economic science and thus in a broader sense a special form of the social, culture and Geisteswissenschaften. Like economic science, it is based in principle on the fact that most goods are limited and must be the participants be managed. It describes the economic functions of the enterprise within a national economy. In addition above all the optimal organization of the factors of production belongs apart from the company targets and the economical functions. In the broader sense also all households are enterprises.
The management economics is divided into two prime data areas (ABWL and S/BBWL) and overlapped in addition to other sciences:
General management economics
The general management economics (ABWL) are concerned with planerischen, organizational and computational decisions in enterprises. It is thereby function and industry-spreading aligned. The general management economics give an overview of the science of the management economics to students and state thereby function and industry-spreading connections. A goal is it to promote specialized spreading thinking and deciding.
As the most important German representatives (general) of the management economics in 20. Apply for a century: Eugen narrow brook (1873-1955), Erich good mountain (1897-1984) and refuge Albach (geb. 1931).
Special management economics
In the special marketing and management teachings, there are two different beginnings to define areas from each other. A beginning is after breakdown industry examples for this is:
- Industrial company teachings
- Bank operating teachings and/or banking operations
- Forest enterprise teachings
- Commercial enterprise teachings
- Insurance operating teachings
- Medium operating teachings and/or medium management
- BWL of the cooperatives
- BWL of the health enterprises and/or hospital management
- Traffic regulation theory
The alternative breakdown takes place according to functions. Examples for this are:
- Paragraph and marketing
- Controlling (internal account system)
- Finances | financial system (investment and financing, capital markets)
- International management economics/foreign trade
- Production economy and logistics
- Economical tax teachings and audit (external account system)
- Management and management
- Company management
- Establishment of an enterprise/Entrepreneurship
- Economical informatics and information management
Both beginnings have their pros and cons. The functional BWL is only heavy able to treat industry-specific problems supplies for it however industry-independent statements. The industries – BWL focused on the functional aspects relevant for the industry, consists however in far parts of doublings with other BWL’len.
At some universities, the special BWL “special management economics” (BBWL) is also called.
Schnittmengen with other sciences
The BWL forms Schnittmengen with other sciences. These Schnittmengen often form again independent lehr and research ranges, can in addition, as SBWL and/or BBWL be selected:
- Restaurant economics
- Commercial law
- Economical informatics
- Industrial engineer nature
- Restaurant economics
- Economic geography
- Restaurant economics
- System engineering
By these ranges the is mostly assigned to the economic economics, educate-scientific or philosophical faculties of the universities. The economical informatics and the industrial engineer nature are non-uniform either to the BWL or the respective technical faculties assigned. The larger the selection of different engineer-scientific recesses is, all the rather is assigned it the BWL faculties. Restaurant economics and economic geography e.g. are, i.d.R., in scientific faculties, like mathematics and geography faculties.
The study of the managerial economics is possible for Diplom-Kaufmann (FH) at universities and professional schools and ends with the academic degree Diplom-Kaufmann, diploma operation manager (FH), diploma economist, diploma political economist (with obligation to vote subjects within the range of the BWL) or diploma economist, within the range of the is attained the academic degree of a diploma commercial teacher or a diploma restaurant pedagogue. At specialized college graduates, the degree with the additive “(FH) will assign”, whereby the degree diploma operation manager is assigned exclusively by FHs. From the introduction of consecutive courses of studies increased also Bachelor result and master courses of studies.
A good diploma and master’s degree, as well as very good specialized university conclusions with appropriate technical purchase, are a condition for entrance for graduation.
Nichtakademi training and/or economical further training
The study of the management economics at a nationally recognized vocational academy ends with the conclusion as (diploma) operation manager (BA), whereby the conclusion is not an academic degree. Starting from in the middle of 2006 however at most vocational academies the course of studies is offered to BWL with the title “Bachelor”, on these can be developed later with a resuming “master” – course of studies. For further information for not-academic training, in particular, not-academic further training see also the article operation manager, specialized technical or specialized buyer.
Organizations, federations, and associations
- bdvb registered association Federal association of German people and operating landlords registered association (bdvb) – a professional association for restaurant economics and studying the economic science
- Narrow brook society for marketing and management
- Federation of the university teachers for marketing and management registered association – a federation of the marketing and management professors at German-language universities
- Whe, Ulrich Introduction to the general management economics. 22. Edition. Franz Vahlen, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-80063254-3
- Henner Schierenbeck: Fundamentals of management economics. 16. Edition. R. Oldenburg, 2003, ISBN 3-48627322-1
- Uwe Bestmann: Manual of the management economics. 10. Edition. R. Oldenburg, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-48625363-8
- Refuge Albach: General management economics. 3. Edition. Gabler publishing house, Wiesbaden 2001, ISBN 3-40932935-8
- Jean-Paul Thommen, Ann Kristin Achleitner: General management economics. Comprehensive introduction from management-oriented view. 4. Edition. Gabler, Wiesbaden, ISBN 3-40943016-4
- Wolfgang Domschke, Armin Scholl: Bases of the management economics – an introduction from decision-oriented view. 3. Edition. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg and New York 2005, ISBN 3-540-25047-6
- Portal: Economics
- Erich good mountain
- DIKMU German Institut for small and middle enterprises (DIKMU)