Page modified: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 04:32:01
The Marianen is original one to the melanesischen speaking and culture area belonging Inselgruppe in the Pacific. It was short time (1899-1918) a German colony. Some of them forms today the American external area of the northern Marianen.
1521 discovered Ferdinand Magellan as first Europeans the Inselgruppe and called it Islas de Ladrones, "Ladronen "or "thief islands ", because the there inhabitants had stolen after European view things of Magellan's ships. 1667 were taken it by Spain in possession and designated after the Spanish queen Maria Anna of Austria, to the wife by king Philipp IV..
After the Spanish-American war Spain surrendered the southern part to the USA and sold with the German Spanish to contract on 12 February 1899 the northern part to the German Reich.
After the First World War the Marianen was placed to them by the under Japanese control, after the Second World War by the UN under control of the USA, 1978 the status one with the USA of associated state granted (northern Marianen) except Guam, which stands as "dependent territory" under direct colonial rule of the USA and possesses only a certain internal autonomy, since it serves as important military base of the USA.
- Seat-back, Pascal refuge and Christoph: Over the Marianen. Seat-back publishing house well-being village 1972, 47 sides with literature data, 10 outline maps, 10 photographs.
- Spennemann, Dirk H.R.: "Aurora Australis, The German Period into the Mariana Iceland 1899-1914", 247 sides, Occasional Historical PAPER Series No.5, N.M.I. division OF Historic Preservation 1999, ISBN 1-878453-36-x
- Russel, Scott: "Tiempon A Look bake RK German Rule OF the Northern Mariana Iceland 1899-1914, 55 sides, N.M.I. division OF Historic Preservation 1999, ISBN 1-878453-38-6
- Hezel, Francis X S.J.: "From Conquest ton of Colonization" Spain into the Mariana Iceland 1690 tons of 1740, 78 sides, N.M.I. division OF Historic Preservation 2000, ISBN1-878453-46-7
- Coomans Peter Fr.: "History OF the mission into the Mariana Iceland: 1667-1673" 82 sides, Occasional Historical PAPER Series No.4, N.M.I. division OF Historic Preservation 2000, ISBN: 1-878453-44-0
- Fritz, Georg: "The Chamoro: A History and Ethnography OF the Mariana Iceland" translates of ETHNOLOGI NOTIZBLATT, 1904 3 (3): 25-110 (Berlin), 95 sides, N.M.I. division OF Historic Preservation 1989
- Scott, Russell: "Tiempon, I Manmofo'na." Ancient Chamorro Culture and History OF the Northern Mariana Iceland ", Micronesian Archeological Survey report Nr.32, 405 sides, N.M.I. division OF Historic Preservation, ISBN: 1-878453-30-0
- Peattie, Mark of R.: "Nan'yo, The Rise and the case OF the Japanese in Micronesia 1885 - 1945", Pacific Iceland mono graph Series, No.4, 382 sides, University OF Hawai press 1988, ISBN: 0-8248-1087-2
- Morgan, William N.: "Prehistoric Architecture in Micronesia", 166 sides, University OF Texas press, Austin 1988, ISBN: 0-292-76506-1
Articles in category "Marianen"
We found here 9 articles.